Monday, September 26, 2011

The Charge of Neglect

     And, yes, I'm guilty.  I've been neglecting this blog.  I don't even remember when I last posted, mainly because I'm too lazy to look.  School started a few weeks ago, and I'm not even in the mood for it.  Every class is a struggle, every homework assignment a chore.  And I was neglecting this blog even before that.  So, I'm going to start maybe doing this as some sort of online diary.  Not that anyone reads it, which is fine.  It's more the act of getting my thoughts out of my own head, where they simply drive me fucking crazy with the going in circles. 
     As for school, a friend recently suggested I start looking at mini-achievements, rather than at the whole, big, what-am-I-even-going-back-to-school-for picture.  Okay.  I can do that.  Mini-achievement for the day: am registered and confirmed for the Japanese Language Proficiency Test in December.  This is essentially the global standard of Japanese proficiency testing, and luckily for me (and unluckily for the rest of the saps in the Midwest who have to drive here), my school is a host.  I'm a bit nervous, but I have to keep telling myself that I'll manage.  "I'll manage," I say to myself, at home, on the train, in class, wherever. 
     As for this blog, well, I'll do the best I can here, too.

No comments: